Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
“Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” (Isaiah 43:18-19 ESV) This passage from Isaiah reminds us not to get stuck on the former things because God is doing new things. Its focus is change, which seems to be the theme of this time. Many of us struggle with the changes happening regarding what we were accustomed to and what we must now accept will be. Many also recognize that change is needed in our justice system to address the racism that continues to exist. This theme of change just seems to be everywhere we turn. For most people change is hard, but change is often what is needed to push us forward. It is in the uncomfortable that the greatest changes most often happen.
In that theme of change we are continuing this week with phase 1 changed worship service. Keep in mind if you do not feel comfortable coming to worship, you have active symptoms of sickness or feel you may have been exposed, we encourage you to worship at home. Just to remind you, continuing phase 1 means we will allow approximately 20 people to join the worship in the sanctuary. We will prioritize the sanctuary to congregants who have no or limited access to services. We will also have the lounge and fellowship hall set up with technology that will allow those who wish to attend to watch the service live in those rooms. To have worship be a possibility, the following guidelines will be implemented.
• We ask that you wear a mask to enter and exit building and keep it on when leaving your seat for any reason. (if you need a mask contact the church and we can get you one).
• Please always practice social distancing of 6ft apart. There will be volunteers and markers to help assist in keeping our distances. Families can remain together in line and in their seats.
• We will be dismissing in an orderly fashion which will be directed by a volunteer for each room.
• Offering is a drop off style where baskets or offering plates will be available upon exiting.
• When entering the building, there will be guides taped on the ground to display 6ft apart as you may have to wait a short bit to enter and be guided to the appropriate room.
• Hymnals and Bibles will not be used, but the music and scriptures will be printed in the bulletin.
• The service will remain a shortened service style we have been using since we went to online streaming.
Again, I encourage you to remember that not all of us will agree on changes, and as I said last time, the timing of it may not feel appropriate for everyone. However, we can remind ourselves to be receptive and love each other so we don’t miss an opportunity to notice when God may be trying to change our hearts and minds.
In Christ Peace,
Click on the link below near the time the service begins at 10:00am to watch the live stream https://www.facebook.com/espresbyterian/
Additionally, bulletins and an online hymnal have been put on the website and can be found at https://www.espresbyterian.com/worship/sunday-bulletin/