June 17, 2020
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I write to you this week with great joy. Great joy because we worship an amazing God, a risen Lord and a Spirit that is moving in us and through us in so many ways. As the Psalmist puts it well, “Clap your hands, all you peoples; shout to God with loud songs of joy”. We are so fortunate to have opportunities to worship in these new and differing ways. So, as we once again have a special outdoor parking lot service, may we celebrate and worship out of joy the gratefulness for all that God is and has blessed us.
The session and I recognize that, although we have re-opened in this new way, there are still many of you who feel more comfortable attending these joy-filled parking lot services. We also see them as an opportunity to invite any and all people to be a part of the worshiping of God in this new way. We hope that you can come join us on Sunday for another parking lot service with more to come, too! As every week, and for the indefinite future, we will be live streaming all services on Facebook and YouTube. Links to that are below.
This Sunday we will have some special guest sharing with us stories that will bring joy to our hearts. May we be filled with joy by this new way of worship that has come to be loved by so many. The following Sunday we will return to our phase 1 in worship plan. As a reminder please see the guidelines included with this letter.
Click on the link below near the time the service begins at 10:00am to watch the live stream https://www.facebook.com/espresbyterian/
Additionally, bulletins and an online hymnal have been put on the website and can be found at https://www.espresbyterian.com/worship/sunday-bulletin/
I am joy-filled just knowing I serve such and awesome God who has blessed me with a wonderful congregation that has great caring leadership. Blessings to you…
In Christ Peace,
• Please be aware that the re-opening does not mean you need to feel obligated to be there. We ask that if you have been exposed to the virus or are sick to please refrain from coming to in-person worship.
• We ask that you wear a mask to enter and exit building and keep it on when leaving your seat for any reason. (if you need a mask contact the church and we can get you one)
• Please always practice social distancing of 6ft apart. There will be volunteers and markers to help assist in keeping our distances. Families can remain together in line and in their seats.
• We will be dismissing in an orderly fashion which will be directed by a volunteer for each room.
• Offering is a drop off style where baskets or offering plates will be available upon exiting.
• When entering the building there will be guides taped on the ground to display 6ft apart as you may have to wait a short bit to enter and be guided to the appropriate room.
• Hymnals and Bibles will not be used, but the music and scriptures will be printed in the bulletin
• The service will remain a shortened service style we have been using since we went to online streaming.